How to definitely remove a translation?
In this article, you'll find how to remove a translation from your website definitely.
You'll need to follow the 2 next steps to delete a translation from your Weglot account permanently. If one of these is not done, the removal won't be effective, and the translation will return.
First Step: Exclude original content from the translation process
First, you have to exclude the related original content to ensure that your content won't be translated in the future.
There are 2 ways to do that (depending on your choice):
- Delete the original content from your original website
- Keep it on your website... But excluding the original content from your translation process. To do it, please follow this tutorial
Second Step: Remove the content from the translation process
Even if your content is now excluded from the translation process, the content remains stored on your Translation list. So you have to remove it from your Translation List.
1) Remove multiple translations (in one URL, or filter results):
- Use the bulk selection, check the checkbox in the top bar
- Then click on "Select all"
- And click on the trash icon at the bottom right
- Next to each translation, you have a trash icon
- Click on it (at the right of each translation you want to delete)
- Note that you can use the search bar at the top to find the translation easily you would like to remove